Gimme Distance: NOT a Covid-19 Reaction


How many people would say they'd love to be sitting on that bench right there, alone, rain or shine?


HOW BIZARRE, but just a few weeks ago I was "guh-nashing" my teeth and praying hard, "Oh, for some space!"
     In light of what has ensued since that, I'm thinking perhaps I should cry to the heavens, "Oh, for some winning Lotto numbers."
     Facetious, much, Jhaye-Q? you ask.
     Perhaps I'm leaning to the old folks saying: If yuh doh laugh, yuh'll cry
     Or could be some kind of slow-moving shock. 
     Listen, though, I'm worried, too. 
     Hence why I've been on hiatus from my blogs 1, 2, 3 and 4 going on about a month now. I, too, have people I love; even though, as regards my own life, I've lived so much and fully, hey, going out won't see me feeling all short-changed or anything.
     Yes, I do want to live. I really do. Mainly so I can keep writing. I have so many stories to tell.


Coping or moping?


     Forgive me if I seem to digress. It is simply impossible for me to write about life, hopes, dreams and fear without including writing in the mix. (Think I'll do a PAGE for all the posts in which I talk about writing. Wait ... That might just be my whole blog. Kidding!)
     Okay, I'll kid no more for the hour. 
     I really wanted to just let any fans out there know I have not given up the ghost, and will be back on track as soon as I get off my lame-coping-mechanism Spider Solitaire binge and FOCUS. There is a point where your coping support can turn into something supporting your moping. And that's not good.
     Maybe I made you smile a little today. What a reward that would be for me.
     So keep your heads up and keep your heads down. 
     Remember the advice: "Walk gently, with your guard," and adapt it to fit the time: "Walk masked, with hand sanitizer."
     Seriously, let's be clever, dearhearts, and courteous: both are the seeds from which grow our desire and ability to really take care of others and ourselves.

Come Good


For more of my true Trini photos like above, touch the link: Jhaye-Q Trinbago Photography 
Connect to my other blogs viaJhaye-Q Shows


No comments:

Post a Comment